Thursday, February 3, 2011

We Come In Peace. Ignore The Military Buildup Back Home.

The Committee announced today that it's time to rotate the team leader position to another person.

Everyone looked at me.

Time and again (and time and again, etc.), I have spoken to individual members of the Committee, expressing my reluctance to assume the leadership position because my only goal to reach as leader is to reveal that we all lie to each other.

Like my friend who edits a family publication and tries to reach out to young people to get news material from the youth point of view, my talks with the Committee members have fallen on deaf ears.

Now who in their right mind is going to let an ol' suburbanised country boy tell the people what it is they're supposed to want to do next?

I'm only supposed to observe and report.  That's the agreement I have authorised, notarised, framed and gilded, proudly displayed in a hidden hallway in the super-superattic of the Solar Museum of Rational History.

So, Committee of 7.5, if I do this, I don't do this, if you know what I mean.

In other words, I want to hear what the future leaders of countries in turmoil have, not only the words of promise to their people, but also the business and military connections to back them up with.

In other words, it's an ol' Texas Hold'em call - show us your cards.

Otherwise, all the demonstrations show me is a temporary release of a culture's pentup frustration.

Time to negotiate, not loot or fight or burn or any other brief respite from the toils of daily life.

If you won't talk or negotiate, then let me feel free to expose the lies involved in what's really going on.

Layers of the onion, my friends, tossed into a cotton candy machine - do you really want me to make a sticky mess out of pulling apart and showing you what's slithering through the goo?

Time for a joke to tell in the next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment