Thursday, February 24, 2011

Personal Revelation

I know part of what's bothering me.

I can find no viable means of supporting myself in the state of the world in its current condition.

I have painted myself into a corner where I believe I am 100-1000 years too early.

The personal blocks out the universal (or at least, the global).

Just because my life is easy doesn't mean I like living the easy life.

The spiral I'm on is taking a dangerously fast downward turn.

Take a deep breath, Rick, take a deep breath.  Don't worry.  All you will ever do is die, quickly forgotten.

I still don't feel any better but these words are a record of the thoughts clouding my thoughts.

After all, I am still just one person, subject to the state of the set of states of energy which is me.

Time once again to close down this blog and open a new one, I suppose.  It's the little things that make a difference sometimes.

Sometimes.

Is there a universal cause worth dying for that's not just another point on the circle of our repetitive species' history?

Not another business case?

Not another sports arena?

Not another bunch of people bickering over dwindling resources?

Not another catastrophic natural disaster?

No wonder people turn to religion to answer the unanswerable about the futility of life screaming, "SSDD!"

Crawling into the abyss is easy.  Getting out is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment