Monday, February 21, 2011

On Presidents Day

Small Victories

The same discoveries over and over...
Leading to victory with the least resistance - bend but don't break...

Off to new territory but stuck in the same cycle of post-victory depression;
Make fun of myself to keep from believing my path,
The one I trailblaze in parallel with those who have
followed their own thought trails that felt right to a lot of other people,
Is the way.

I'm still accustomed to the habit of pleasing other people;
If I only pleased me, I...don't know.
What I want no person can give me,
I believe,
Which means I'm still thinking like one form of people pleaser.

So much more than what meets the eye -
How do I describe what I cannot see?
I have no interest in math-based symbology,
No matter how universal it appears to be;
More of a COBOL guy, I guess.

Using the species to test theories about bringing them
up to speed on what's going on at a level where we hardly matter -
Why would our species care to know that we really don't matter?
Just go on with it, Rick -
This might be your ticket out of here,
Or at least away from ennui, melancholia, and depression.

Anything is possible, despite evidence contradictory.

On, on, on...do I invent my own roadsigns?
How do I get the zeitgeist out of my thoughts?

What if the people elected Gerry Adams of Sinn Féin
and showed they truly forgave themselves as a people for the past?

I miss the days of large predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment