Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Claire de Lune Revisited

I stood outside with the Moon, you
Beside me in thought, no sound except
Orion shooting stars;
Leafless trees,
How do they breathe in winter?

You walked under the Moon, you said,
Your accent somewhere between New York
And here.
A distance, voice echoing against Little
Mountain, bouncing off moon rays, casting
Shadows like musicians' roles.

Did the Ancients watch starlight cross
Ripples in ponds?
Could I sing a lullaby or ballad to the
One I love?

Can I pull a melody out of the rope
Tied to a one-note steeple bell?
You sing in my thoughts as if you set up home
Here a long time ago.
CHORUS
Moonbeams and shadows
Cloud over my thoughts;
Long walks and happiness,
Will you comfort me tonight?

Wasn't long ago you never said you love me,
Wasn't in a song I heard your sweet reply,
Won't be long now until I see you again,
Won't be these words that put me behind a plow.
ACOUSTIC GUITAR SOLO


We rarely remember when we heard the whistle
Of the train of our thoughts passing through
The station of Mushy Memories,
But I'll always remember when you bowed
To my applause, and put this farmer's son at ease.

MANDOLIN/FIDDLE DUO WITH BASS IMPROV IN BACKGROUND

BRIDGE

CHORUS

Moonbeams and shadows,
Cloud over her thoughts...
Long walks and happiness,
Will you comfort her tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment