Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rode Hard and Squeezed Dry

Let's see...where were we?

Oh yeah, the Revolutionary Guard abandoned the Iranian palace structure after scientists announced that life is impossible, thus we really do not exist, and the universe disappeared instantly.

Where does that leave us?

Makes me curious about the kingdom of Mapungubwe and using branding to create wealth out of randomly interacting states of energy.

In other words, how do you promise the ones who protect others that they'll get a better deal from you than from the others they're protecting?

Reminds me of a joke: one rock turns to the other and asks, "Are you stoned?"

I opened the Book of the Future.  Sure, I promised myself that I would (or did I promise myself that I wouldn't?) but Cameron and Clegg didn't produce "Sanctum" so why should they get credit for the UK economy going underground and getting lost for a while?

You do know that the National Speleological Society is located down the road from me, don't you?

Doesn't matter.

What matters is what my network is doing with the information from the Book of the Future I fed to the programmers working against the wishes of the two in the know who have private security contractors trying to figure out who's in charge of who's in charge of the Committee of 7.5.

And every now and then, I snip a cog off the wheel of the global economy and watch how long it takes for repair bots to sense the inefficiencies trickling through the system.

But I know you know that already.

Which brings us back to where we were.

Which indicates that time is only a comparison.

So, stop comparing and stop being for a moment.

Listen.

Aah, you can't listen if you can't compare, can you?

That's why this parallel universe blog is here, to show you that I have to let some of us die while attempting to make all of us better off than we were before some favourite time period of yours.

Using only words (for the most part, adding images when I get too lazy to write).

Have you ever received a refund on a medical procedure after your family member died?  And you are the owner of the company that granted the refund after the initial and several subsequent claim denials?

And, and, and...

If, if, if...

2011 is the year of breaking through to the other side.

We'll give galactic memberships to the space 'nauts, too, for those who want to fight gravity.

Imagine going up in a balloon, unfolding wings of your personally-insulated, oxygen-breathing system and gliding tens of miles on nothing but a jet stream.

"I'm leaving on a jet stream, don't know if I will break a seam..."

Parachute an afterthought.

Daring and independent.

Like the wave of independent people who will come after branding has turned startup companies into nothing else but Megaconglomerate's business test case studies for up/down buy/destroy decisions.

Either that, or empower everyone's personal brand so there's no such thing as being outside the system, fighting to get in or tearing it down.

We don't promise you jobs or entitlements but we'll train you how to find a viable means of supporting yourself and/or family.

But first, let's make sure why we're here.

Don't expect someone with something to sell to tell you what else in the world exists outside the product's sphere of influence.

Although we don't exist as anything more than the random set of states of energy that we are, we are these unique sets of states of energy that we call ourselves.

Therefore, while we break through the image of self as belonging to someone else's vested interests, we can examine what's available and determine what's real versus how someone uses your ignorance to cloak reality in order to feed you an appealing, brightly-coloured, incomplete picture.

Are we swapping convenience and price (food, clothing, entertainment, etc.) for quality of life?

I often do.  I'm the perfect example of my imperfect self to myself, first and foremost.

It's not always easy to ration my input to ensure my standard of living equates to a viable lifestyle for all seven billion of us.

I, too, am subject to the artificial wants and desires fed to me by high-quality adverts designed for my general or niche demographic profile.

I like social confirmation as much as many others.

But I'm always learning.

Everything in moderation, including self-control.

Reduce my direct exposure to those who are not interested in a slow, low-cost, highly-valued lifestyle.

Labels are what they are and I do not stop you from using them to describe how your lifestyle is different than mine.

My emotion-based belief system, my religion, if you will, is based on putting our species' place in the global socioeconomicpolitico ecosystem in balance with myself, knowing that for self to excel, the self needs its species and its environment to provide sustainable means for coexistence.

Not love, peace and harmony, exactly - simply putting everything in perspective from the view of the big/bigger/biggest picture.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" extends to tearing down the walls that warmongers put up to make us believe the bad guys are hidden on the other side.

A warmonger is a derisive term I deliberately use to get our attention, to get us to think about what or who divides us from one another, including countries, companies and ideologies that have been branded by us for good, or branded by us as bad for us.

Time for us to see that the freedom of the Internet has poked holes in our ideological walls and towers, exposed the emperor's clothes, and turned us into a single species again for the very first time.

Now, it's up to us to take responsibility for our beliefs and not depend on others to cram square-shaped beliefs into our round heads.

This is a pivotal four seasons of our lives together.  Let's use them wisely to harvest food for both today and tomorrow.

Every word we speak, every action we take, and every thought we think we make in silence have repercussions we may or may not realise.

This is the year that we figure out how much our states of energy are fully connected.

It's the year we break through to the other side.

One chipped-away rock of an idea at a time.

Makes me feel like an old advert for Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

No comments:

Post a Comment