Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Does Yesterday Exist

Are the shares of stock I own the same today as they were yesterday?  After all, their prices have fluctuated and price is a significant component of a stock's descriptor set.

Do you know how to move the local/state/national/international conversation?

Do you know how to call on your armies of minions to write columns of nonsense that passes off as news which doesn't have to make sense except in the moment they were released?

Watching the predictions come true is not the same as watching my wishes come true.

As I've mentioned, my personal beliefs and desires do not align with what we're making our species do (remember, free will is the illusion we perpetuate to get your willing participation in the social experiment).

I am spending too much time in 2011 inserting my personality into the story of our lives together as told in this virtual parallel universe.

Through analysis of self, I have determined this narcissistic tendency reflects my lack of getting what I want.

As the leader of the executive staff of the large political entity which has a great influence on the world in which our species mainly resides prepares to speak about what he is doing to fulfill the wishes of the nation but not necessarily his own, I ask myself what is it that I want for myself.

It is an issue that doesn't seem to go away.

The difference between the public and private persona changes with time and social desire/worries of the day.

What parts of the real me do I reveal in this space where the public me speaks openly?

There are no mind readers, only well-trained, highly-intuitive behaviourists.

Thus, my thought set is my own, however much an external analysis of what I discuss or don't discuss here says about who I am.

My paper journals paint a picture similar to the one here.

My conversations in the moment reflect my support of those around me.

These are thoughts I have repeated many times to myself.

They are thoughts that don't seem to go away.

Shall I dig a little deeper?

What if I told myself that my support of those around me is unnecessary and if I changed the direction of where I am heading, they would adjust accordingly (or not - it wouldn't matter)?

I knew this would be a difficult year for me and the ripple effect of my comments, beliefs, emotions, etc., during this transition year will spread and effect/affect others.

The rate at which the world population grows wiser is increasing greatly, making the ability to prevent outbursts of chaotic, revolutionary movement more difficult, because people still live as people on a 24-hour sleep/wake cycle, while the effective changes that we want to push out to the people need to occur more rapidly.

How, then, do we "upgrade" people on a massive scale quickly?

Technological advances in the form of external devices - computers, smartphones, etc. - do not change the body's need to process mental changes in one's sleep.

In some ways, the beast is loose and so, too, the best is loose in the form of grassroots electronic social media.

Mass media belongs to the masses.

The horse is out of the barn.

Change agents are important in speeding up change, and we should be acutely aware of their presence, but even they have to deal with the circadian cycle.

Robo-agents are no better.

We are not robots who can be rebooted easily, despite science fiction suppositional tracts touting such.

After Egyptian protests, where is the next uprising going to occur that will result in permanent change on a national scale?

Who is the next Lech Walesa?  And if such is not possible anymore, "who" is the next set of social media influences that behaves as if it's one person?

The same for the geniuses.  How is social media creating groups of people who act as one person, developing genius-level ideas together at once?

The positive side of groupthink.

And can we accelerate these activities without overcoming the circadian cycle?

If not, that's okay.

We still have personal wants and needs that don't jive with the group.

Hold the course steady, helmsman.  Full speed ahead!  My stock prices are about to blow this ship out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment