Monday, January 31, 2011

Another Artistic Break

The Wondering Wanderer

Smokey's Restaurant, University of Tennessee campus, Knoxville, Tennessee

 
I sit here, the wondering wanderer (the wandering wonderer),
And wonder in my wanderings.

If I love longer,
Shall I have to think?
Shall I make decisions and make goals?

Or will I keep wandering,
Drifting in the no-man's land,
Forever searching for nothing.

Nothing...for me, there is nothing;
[Me, like you, is undefined]
For I, for you, have everything, everything no one else can have.

Anyone can have anything, except everything you have now.

Tomorrow, you may have nothing.

Anyone can have everything tomorrow.

Negation, nihilism -- I refuse myself everything.

If I can't have everything then I have nothing.

Everything is nothing in the end.

I already have everything, n'est pas?

No matter how you cover it, it is just the same.

Words come and go like people.
Time to go. See you later. Nice to meet you.
Have fun. Be good.
"Hey, be careful out there."

If you don't want to learn a new culture
(Or understand the people),
Force your culture upon all other cultures.

We are all human animals. They are all animals.

We learn by doing.

I feel anxiety with other people and often feel out of control.

Ideas to help you function effectively:

1) It's definitely nice to have people's love and approval --
but even without it, I can still accept and enjoy MYSELF.
2) Doing things well is satisfying --
but it's human to make mistakes;
3) People are going to act the way THEY want --
not the way I want.


Did we invent robots or did we rediscover ourselves?

- 11 January 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment